Mandukas PROlite Review
It is not a coincidence that Manduka Pro Lite is one of the most popular yoga mats among yoga’s teacher and habitual practitioner. This Mat stands out from the rest by its features. If you are looking for a comfortable, portable, and long duration mat this is the way to go!
High-performance and durability yoga mat
Throughout that time we didn’t find any rip or wear from our mat. Although the price seems to be high considering the yoga mats standard, it is worth every penny. This yoga mat is extremely durable. We met people who are practicing with this yoga mat for more than two years, and this is still their favorite yoga mat.
They are available in more than 10 different colors, from black to red. We’ve chosen the black one, because dark mats usually don’t need to be cleaned as often as the light colored ones. Some people don’t consider the black a fun color, but this yoga mat has a vibrant, cheerful black color.
We don’t have anything to complain about the grip, texture, and thickness. This mat is made with a slip-resistance fabric to prevent you from sliding between yoga postures. This yoga mat have the ideal amount of thickness, which is a good choices for who have sensible joints.
It may be slippery until you break in
This mat requires a break-in process, that’s why the mat may be slippery on the beginning. It is recommended to scrub the mat with salt and apple cider vinegar in order to break in quickly. This is a closed-cell yoga mat, which makes it easy to be cleaned after the class.
Although it is a lighter version of the Black Mat Pro, it is still a bit heavier than others yoga mats available on the market. However, eKO Superlite is a great alternative for those who are going to travel.
- Great amount of thickness, but not very much to affect the balance
- Well cushioned for people with sensitive knee or joints
- Provides comfort to the hands and knees during the practicing due its padding
- Great length
- Lightweight and portable yoga mat
- Medium/long duration
- Inspiring and vibrant colors
- Slightly odor on first days
- Doesn't slide on floor
- Eco-friendly. No toxic emissions are released on atmosphere through its productions.
- Bit heavy, and therefore better carried in sling or bag;
- Not enough grip to intense sweaty practices
- A bit slippery on the first practices, once it requires breaking in.
- It is recommended to scrub the mat with salt and apple cider vinegar ir order to break in quickly.